So Malaysians lah

This is going to be rojak.
Bear with me a post :)

Now,
what about you that is SO Malaysian ah?
Have you guys thought of it?

One of the great trademarks of Malaysian is this:
Rojak English.
I personally find them very interesting.
They might sound like a bit of chunks from various slangs la.
Sometimes they sound rude, but also right.
"Oi woman why you jalan terkangkang?"
See what I meant?
However, it's generally accepted by us.
"Oh ma gad I forgot my homework dibah the table!"

Guys,
some of you might need a translator for that ._.

Thus, this has lead to the socializing of different races.
Ain't that great?
Now the Chinese and Indians won't've problems understanding the Bumis.

"Why wont this work teacher? I try so banyak kali. It wont gerak!"
Science class in Form 2.

"Cikgu yang ini tak ada nama writer ka?"
20 cents per English word in BM class.
True story.

This might have been a culture for us.
I don't really think this abuses English.
In fact,
it brings people together :)

Meanwhile,
English abusers speak this way:
"Wat is diz think doink hear?"

Just making my point.
Don't do that.
My eyeballs had a hard time.

You Malaysian bro?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing your dreams

2AM thoughts